MULTICULTURAL MILLENNIALS / GEN Z
Did you know that:
- Generation Z (anyone born after 1995) holds the position of being the largest generation in American history.
- Millennials are the most diverse adult generation in U.S. history. In 2016, they were only about 56% white, compared with 72% of Baby Boomers. The white percentage drops to 50% when looking at those age 12 and under, meaning that well before 2020 white children will become a minority.
- Although African Americans are increasing their share of the demographic pie by a few percentage points, the truly substantial move towards greater diversity is being driven by Hispanics, who comprise 11% of the Baby Boomer population but about double that for Millennials. Of those 12 and under they represent around 25%.
- From 2000 to 2010, the population of white children actually declined by 4.3 million, while the child population of Hispanics, Asian Americans, and those of mixed race increased by 4.8 million.
- According to Think Now Research, brands are important to them. About six in ten said they buy brands that help them show off their personality. Their favorite brands are mostly in the apparel and shoe category. Nike tops the list across segments, and in terms of electronics, Apple.
CEO David Morse includes such research in his book, Multicultural Intelligence: Eight Make-or-Break Rules for Marketing to Race, Ethnicity, and Sexual Orientation.
Get in touch with our team to discover how New American Dimensions can uncover insights for you and your company about Multicultural Millennials and Gen Z.
Watch the videos below to see examples of New American Dimensions’ previous market research for this segment: